Spring is just around the corner but the flu and dreaded Coronavirus is the talk of the town. Instead of freaking out, let’s concentrate on boosting our immune system. Start with this green smoothie that is immune-boosting and has antiviral properties. You can juice this if you’d like. I like to blend it to keep the fiber.
The green Superhero
I love fresh parsley. It’s great in salads but, just like spinach, it has a tendency to find it’s way between your teeth and reside there for an eternity if you don’t floss it out. It is full of nutrients, vitamins A, C, and K.
Vitamin A is a super effective antiviral and is needed for healthy eyes and skin. It can even help reduce acne and the little bumps that make the skin on the back of your upper arms rough.
Vitamin C is no stranger to the masses as a great immune booster. Keep in mind that even though our bodies have vitamin c receptor sites, our bodies do not produce vitamin C so it is necessary to eat foods, like parsley and citrus, that contain it in good amounts. Sugar binds to vitamin C receptor sites and can keep vitamin C from binding and doing its job. Keep sugar out of your diet if you want a strong immune system. I don’t want to see you crying about the Coronavirus when you are eating donuts in the snack room.
Vitamin K is necessary for strong bones, a healthy heart and proper blood clotting. Vitamin K is the nutrient that directs calcium into the bones and out of soft tissues like the blood vessels. Unless you have a clotting problem or need to be on a blood thinner, make sure you are getting vitamin K when you are taking vitamin D.
Parsley also has many important minerals to offer. Magnesium which is needed in almost every biochemical process of the body, potassium for electrolyte balance, iron to transport oxygen so we aren’t tired and naturally occurring folate which is an important B vitamin that keeps pregnant mommies from having babies with neural cord defects.
Parsley is also full of antioxidants that do wonderful things like keeping cholesterol from being sticky and forming plaques that contribute to heart disease. So basically it’s a culinary superhero…in a green cape.
In addition to drinking this immune-boosting green-as-can-be smoothie (get the recipe here), do the following to keep your immune system up and viruses at bay.
Top Anti-Corona Virus tips…
- Wash your hands. Especially before touching your face or eating.
- Get 8-9 hours of good, deep, sleep each night.
- Keep your stress level down. Don’t read about, or stress about, the things you have no control over.
- Get adjusted 🙂
- Eat Whole Foods following a Mediterranean diet. Good healthy olive oil, fish and lots of vegetables.
- Avoid sugar completely!!!!
- Avoid processed food.
- Spend 20-30 minutes in an infrared sauna daily
- If your blood work shows your vitamin D level is less than 60. Take D3 as a supplement with K2.
- Take vitamins A, C, zinc and B Complex
- Take elderberry syrup..it’s sweet, I know 🙄 but it’s a good antiviral.
- Take colloidal silver it’s an excellent antiviral.
- First signs of illness, take a homeopathic called Oscillococcinum.
- Pray or meditate 💕💕💕